Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ouch!

One huge difference between living here and in Milwaukee is the square footage that surrounds us. We had plenty of space to move about and rarely bumped in to things before moving here. I thought we were finally acclimated to the smaller space, but if one does not pay attention, and wear shoes all the time, the possibility of running into a hard surface increases. And, if one's head feels like a bowling ball, and in general is out of sorts, the chances increase even more. So last night as I was walking back to the bedroom from the hallway, my foot hit the side of the door frame. The lights were out, and I was slightly off balance. At the time, it felt like I did something to the joint between the pinky toe and the one next to it. Luckily I had my foot up all night, and this morning I was reminded that something did happen last night due to a dull ache in the joint along with some black and blue discoloration. Let's hope that's all there is to it and I can get my feet in my shoes for work on Monday. Better get out the tape and keep the 5th toe even closer to the 4th toe, as that is about all that can be done for it anyway. I recall my mother telling us not to run around barefoot in the house. Unfortunately I was just reminded why.
I don't want to wear shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment