Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The New Yorker - Tilley the Pooch

Last night my husband brought to my attention that there was a contest going on at the New Yorker for a new version of Tilley, the "mascot" so to speak. I quickly looked at the eligible dates and today at midnight is the last day of the contest that started on December 8th. So I had to think really fast... and there was no rest for the weary last night. I really doubt if it will go anywhere, but it was fun to do. I love my borzoi and try to re create her image as often as possible. So this time, she is reading an Ipad, with her monocle and top hat, and looking with great admiration at a T bone that is on the the New Yorker page. If the judging is based on originality, humor, and execution I might have a fighting chance. When all is said and done, there will probably be at least 500 entries, of which 12 will be selected with one grand prize winner. I'm not sure I work as well under stress, but as I uploaded the final image last night at around midnight, it looked good in the gallery. And that may be all there is to it!
There she is with all the competition!

Looks like a New Yorker cover?
It was fun to do anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment