Friday, April 7, 2017

Spring Cleaning the Clothes Closet

I retired last year and immediately cleaned out my clothes closet. All the heels and a lot of the suits were packed up and driven over to Goodwill. A lot was left behind because I wanted to wait at least a year to see if I would ever wear any of the remaining items again. In the meantime, my wardrobe shifted to the LLBean casual style rather than the stuffier work and "fancier" style that no longer jives with our situation. Since we turned our 76x70 inch closet in to a monk's room, all the clothing that was stored there was moved back to one central area - but it needed to be purged! So yesterday, during the dreadful rain storm, my husband and I sifted through all the clothes again. That activity resulted in two large bags of shoes, several leather and winter coats, sweaters, offfice wear, pants and blouses packed and hanging in storage bags for our favorite handyman to pick up. We much prefer giving items to people we know, or someone they know, who can put them to good use. Now all of our stuff is pretty much located in a very small space. The outerwear for every season still hangs in the hallway, but we can honestly say we use every piece. There are still things that could go, but I'm not ready to part with them yet. We will try again next year.








No comments:

Post a Comment