Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Amazon Smile and Amazon Basics

I’ve been a member of Amazon since 2000 when I got one of the first digital camera with floppy disks! I always liked gadgets and photos. We are also Amazon Prime customers like most everyone else it seems. We love Amazon video, photos, free shipping, and Whole Foods store discounts. We also had a Borzoi named Tatiana and she is the reason we always use Amazon Smile to donate to the National Borzoi Rescue Foundation - NBRF. Last week we were looking for batteries and I came across Amazon Basics. I couldn’t believe the price of the 8 pack of 9V batteries we bought. It was so much cheaper than the usual. I suppose I never noticed Amazon Basics before because we didn’t need anything that fits under the description or I just didn’t pay attention. It’s the Amazon store brand where you can find generic cheaper versions of products that come on Amazon boxes. The listings have expanded over time to include a lot more than electronics. So whenever we purchase anything from Amazon Smile, it shows the number of orders that supported your charity of choice, you can see how much you donated, and you can tweet out a message that you donated to the charity you selected. I know it isn’t a huge amount but every little bit helps. And if you use the Amazon app to shop, you can then flip to the Amazon Smile website on the internet to complete your transaction because everything is already saved in your cart. That way you can make sure your charity isn’t forgotten. It’s a nice way to remember our pup and easy enough to do. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment