Saturday, November 10, 2018

Wall Vase Transformed Three Times

We have a glass wall vase that I use for flowers and other things based on the season or mood. I have oftentimes used flowers from my patio garden as well as sticks and stems. The hydrangeas sometimes work nicely. Once in a while I’ll freshen it up with flowers from the grocery store. For Christmas I’ll add some battery operated tiny lights to the greenery. In the Midwest I would get branches and sticks from the yard and fill window baskets and pots with them so every room had a touch of the holiday. Over the last few weeks the wall vase has been changed over three times - primarily in fall foliage. The first time we prettied it up because we were having an out of town guest - a great reason to showcase the space. That included tiny pumpkins, gourds, and flowers. The next update was the gourds and pumpkin with a few mums. Today I picked up a bunch of colorful leaves from the patio and cut a couple of branches. The mums are starting to fade but will do for another day or two. Next week we will probably get some cut flowers for the Thanksgiving holiday. I always like to be creative -  using natural elements always enhances the display. It always makes the fake stuff seem real. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment