Sunday, November 25, 2018

Diamond Ring Treasure Found on Walk

My husband used to find a lot of change whenever he walked on the National Mall. When I was working, he walked me to work at the Library of Congress, then continued on. A few times he found dollar bills, fives, and even a twenty! Then there was also an angel pin he picked up once. The other day we were heading in the usual direction and he saw something shining on the sidewalk by the house office building. He bent down and picked up a small ring, shaped like a heart, and loaded with diamonds! Of course, I knew it wasn’t real - but maybe it was? I put it on my pinky finger, but it was too big. Then I put it on my ring finger. It fit, but it kept getting caught on everything. That to me means that it is more than likely not of high quality! So I wore it for an afternoon and then put it in the junk drawer. The ring actually looks like a kids ring. One of our friends really did find an authentic diamond ring while on vacation somewhere. That one was real and worth quite a bit. I’m not ever in the market for another ring or any jewelry, but wouldn’t mind if we found something worth keeping. I kinda like my simple wedding band the most. And that’s all the gold and diamonds I need. 








No comments:

Post a Comment