Friday, November 23, 2018

Rockport Slipper Gorilla Glue Repair

I’m not sure how long my husband has had these winter Rockport slippers. He usually wears leather sandals around the house. So when he dug out the slippers for the season, there was a problem at the seam. It was falling apart. Rather than get another pair, he prefers to fix the defect first if at all possible. So I found the small tube of gorilla glue. I always read the directions for use before anything, even though I’ve used this product a million times. It says one drop per square inch is enough. You know when you overdue it because the transparent glue really expands and turns white. For some things it doesn’t matter, but for something like this one needs to be judicious. So I put a little more than two drops inside the seam, stuffed the slipper with a sock, and tied it up for safekeeping to dry and set over the next several hours. I have a feeling it may work for a while, but we’ll probably need to replace this pair - along with the ripped up summer slippers - before too long. It’s always good to give it a try, but sometimes the inevitable rules. 











No comments:

Post a Comment