Friday, November 9, 2018

LLBean Pants and Boots

It seems we go to LLBean at least once a year. We rediscovered LLBean when I retired almost three years ago. My professional work wardrobe was swapped out for every day walking gear. My husband needed to get a couple pair of pants and I needed some winter walking boots - for rain and snow. My winter snow boots are over fifteen years old and I can’t get the zipper up or down - the insides are so shredded. They are one of the last reminders we have from our thirty years in the frigid Midwest. We started in the men’s department and my husband quickly found a really nice pair of jeans and corduroy pants. Then we went over to the shoe area and found a really cute pair of snow boots that looked very different from my ugly black numbers. The trick is to find anything in my size. But luckily for me, this shipment had just arrived that week so they were stocked up in size eleven. I wanted to get the same rain boots my husband got last year, but the lower cut option hit my ankle in just the wrong spot. So I tried the shin high boot and it felt okay. Hopefully with some wear and tear the top will loosen up around the same ankle area. I had a chance to try them out this week in the torrential rain and one foot was perfect. The jury is still out on the other. Why do they have to rub in the wrong spot!? So now I’m stretching the top out sideways and hopefully it will help the fit. Otherwise it will be a bit uncomfortable. I am always ecstatic when there is a shoe available in my size. But it’s a rare find to get the kind that fit just right. As for my husband’s pants? Perfect!



































No comments:

Post a Comment