Saturday, August 8, 2020

Acurite Humidity Monitor

It just validated what I already knew. Our house is humid. I think I have extremely sensitive senses - I hear, smell, feel, taste, and see things that my husband hardly notices until I bring it to his attention. It’s helpful to a certain extent, but can drive you crazy otherwise. Lately the house just seemed humid so I wanted to find out if it was - especially with all the rain lately. Even though we have a very “modern” HVAC system, it doesn’t seem to control the humidity. You can tell when the bathroom mirror fogs up more and the air just feels heavy. So before getting a dehumidifier, I wanted to see if it really was humid. So I ordered an Acurite humidity monitor. As soon as I turned it on, the question was answered. Supposedly 30-55 is “comfortable.” It started at around 55 and got all the way to 66. After 24 hours it shows what the highest and the lowest % was during that time period along with the temperature in the house. So, now I know what I already thought. The problem is trying to do something about it. Living in a small condo precludes the past approaches - like a dehumidifier in the basement since we don’t have a basement. Now I’ll need to research small units for small spaces. It doesn’t matter wherever you live there are always things to fix. Our old 1890’s condo was constantly having problems. This isn’t so bad but I can’t stop thinking about it. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment