Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Instacart and Physician Office Over Charges

It’s sort of like being a sleuth. Getting a bill for something unexpected or being overcharged for a product we didn’t order can be frustrating and time consuming to rectify. That was the case with insurance coverage for lab work and for crab cakes at Instacart. My blood work was sent to the hospital rather than Labcorps. I knew my insurance covered Labcorps and that the doctor office uses Labcorps. So when the $180 plus and another $90 bill came in I waited for the insurance claim and also notified the billing office about my concern. Luckily they said they would adjust the balance. Let’s see what happens. We also made sure my husband requested Labcorps when he went for blood work last week to avoid this situation again. Then we requested crab cakes at Harris Teeter through Instacart. We did get crab cakes, but for half the price for a different product. But we were charged double that for the original requested item. So I got on chat, described the issue - along with a photo of the product we received in error - and they finally realized that we were overcharged. We were promised a $10 plus credit for that along with another $5 for a wrong rice product. I’m just glad I noticed the discrepancies and didn’t just pay them off. It does take a lot of time but in a way I’m glad I challenged the inaccurate bills. I’m sure it’s not the last time it will happen. I prefer using chat and emails for documentation purposes and taking photos always helps. These things are bound to happen, but why so often? 












No comments:

Post a Comment