Friday, August 7, 2020

Etsy Update and Customer Feedback

Getting feedback on your work is always interesting - especially when it’s so positive. I’ve been fortunate to get a sold five star rating on all of my Etsy Digitalart custom portraits. I got a review this week that reminded me I should probably update my shop. I try to keep about 100 items visible. Most of them are pet portraits, but there are also downloadable files that I painted of DC and some of our memorable trips. Recently three custom pet portraits were completed, so those were the first to get uploaded. Then I went back over the last six months and added several more. Luckily there is a copy and edit function that makes it somewhat easier to process. I always put in the final image, along with the progression from starting sketch to finish, a framed image, several ideas for digitalart options, my background - highlighting my New Yorker Eustace Tilly accomplishment and our beautiful borzoi Tatiana - customer feedbacks, and other related portraits. I always have a back and forth “conversation” with my customers about the set up and portrait orientation, then share updates as the painting progresses. It does take time but I really enjoy painting something that hopefully will be cherished by the buyer and/or the person they are having it done for. A lot of my work is memorial portraits which are quite touching. The best request comes from repeat customers. Nothing could be a bigger compliment. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment