Sunday, August 9, 2020

Karikun Headbands for Unruly Hair

I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would ever use a headband again. For most of my life I have worn short hair - and have gone to the hair stylist at least every eight weeks. Since we haven’t really gone anywhere or done anything since March 13, my hair has not been cut for six months. It looks ridiculous. We have clippers to cut my husband’s hair, but I’m not about to use them on mine. The one thing my mother always insisted upon was a good cut from a hairdresser. So it looks like I’m not going to get one for a while. To keep the hair from annoying me, I thought a headband might offer some relief. My hair is not long enough to pull up, just push away. So I ordered a set of six Karikun headbands on Amazon. I think I would have preferred the old plain color stretchy bands from the old days to the elasticized colorful assortment. But I don’t think it would make any difference about how awful it looks. Since I’m not going out anywhere except for morning walks (I wear an LLBean Tilley hat) it doesn’t matter. My hair is baby thin and falling out on top of it all. I haven’t used hair conditioner in centuries until now - hoping to keep it in check somehow. I have never liked my hair - in college I used to wear bandanas to cover it up. I suppose you could say we have saved money not having to spend it on haircuts. For my husband he is quite happy with that. For me, it was one of the few things that I looked forward to. There isn’t a lot of that happening anymore. 














No comments:

Post a Comment