Tuesday, November 24, 2020

American Plant Christmas Greenery

It’s been eight months since we visited American Plant. We usually go to Ginkgo Gardens on Capitol Hill for plants and flowers, but at this time of the year the Christmas greens are so lovely at American plant. After our morning walk we drove over to Bethesda after deciding we would literally walk in to the place rather than do curbside pickup. It felt weird because I always take photos for my blog, but felt a bit constrained - we haven’t been inside a shop for so long and felt a bit uncomfortable. The greens are really housed in an outdoorsy set up and luckily there weren’t a lot of people milling about. I thought before Thanksgiving it would be quieter but this year is anybody’s guess of usual activity. I had already looked on line and had an idea of what I wanted, but felt rushed and didn’t really look around as much as I would have liked. So we ended up with a swag that will be ripped apart, some boxwood, and one bunch of other greens along with a new string of lights that will be put on the planters that are outside on the balcony. I’m planning to stuff them with some of these greens and make that the focal point of our decorations this year. I miss our Midwest home because I could easily find sticks and greens in the yard. Some of the fake sticks and such will be used too since I didn’t get any! Since we aren’t going to visit our family this year it makes sense to do a bit of decorating. Trying to be normal is hard. I hope it feels better once the greens are all in place. 








No comments:

Post a Comment