Monday, November 30, 2020

Thanks to Etsy LITDigitalart Returning Customers

One of the highest forms of flattery is getting an order from a previous customer. I’ve been painting digitalart custom pet portraits for eight years when I opened my Etsy shop. When the iPad was introduced in 2010, it reignited my love for painting. Rather than watercolors, pastels, ink and charcoal, my studio is on the iPad and travels with me - though we aren’t traveling much these days. The holiday season is typically busier than other times of the year, and memorial portrait requests are not uncommon. Last week I received three orders in one day - from customers that I worked with many years ago. I don’t need to explain the process and it feels like old friends because there is a lot of back and forth communication during the process. Selecting the best photo, suggesting several options, creating the prelim sketch, sending updates, seeking approval of the final draft, and then sending the portrait, in process compilation, suggestions for digitalart options aside from a framed image, and a PNG image in case something doesn’t require a square background are all part of the process. I always appreciate the wonderful feedback comments that are left on my Etsy shop and to me personally. Sometimes a photo of the gift is sent to me of the completed project. So thank you for remembering me. I have a portrait of our wonderful Borzoi Tatiana in our home. Every time I look at it I remember her. It feels good to share that experience. 













No comments:

Post a Comment