Sunday, November 15, 2020

Apple TV, Verizon Cable and Internet Out

It was around nine PM last night. We were watching cable tv and changed the programming to Apple TV so we could watch BritBox. There was no signal. It’s happened before but always starts up. This time was different. I noticed that the Apple TV light was not on the little black box. So we made sure all the cords were tight, etc. Still nothing. Then I went to the Verizon app to see if a diagnosis could be made - as now both the internet and the cable were out. I get so frustrated when these things happen because the only way to get to the back of the TV and the wall plate connections is to remove everything on the bookshelves and pull the unit away from the wall. This, even though there is a power strip at the bottom of the cabinet where everything is plugged in because rebooting isn’t the only solution. The instructions were to check the cable from the router to the wall. I tried this maneuver several times and nothing happened. We then realized that a plug was dangling from the back of the cabinet and I put it back in to the outlet. How it got there one only knows! I was dusting earlier in the day, but can’t believe that would have made a difference. Besides, we were watching tv and using the internet after that. After fooling around with this for two hours it all started working again. We put everything back including the furniture. We watched a bit of Apple TV but the light keeps going out. When I unplug the power cord and plug it back in the light goes back on. It’s off again as I write. That means more wasted time investigating why this is happening. We got the Apple TV and the LG TV about five years ago. I can’t believe it would quit working, but that would be just my luck. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment