Friday, November 27, 2020

Marie Callender’s or Stouffer’s Roast Turkey Dinner

Our Thanksgivings are always small scale. When we grew up in Florida it was just our immediate family of five. All of our relatives lived in New England. Over the last several years we hosted my immediate family, but this year we didn’t even do that. Since I found Jennie-O cook in the bag turkeys, I’ve never gone back. Then the turkey boned in breast was the next best thing, but that would be much too much for just the two of us. My husband did not grow up with this holiday or turkey, so doing something on an even smaller scale was needed. I searched for turkey dinner options but couldn’t really find any. So I decided to get frozen dinners - just for the taste. We would make mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing and hope for the best. Well, neither the Marie Callander’s nor Stouffer’s roast turkey dinners were worth the effort. There was barely a turkey piece to be found. It was all stuffing and not much of anything else. It didn’t look anything like the picture on the box - not that I was expecting anything more. So it ended up being a bust as was the holiday. It was the first Thanksgiving without my mom, who passed away in February, we didn’t have our usual get together, and I was not in the greatest of moods. I may continue to look for a butterball turkey breast just for the heck of it. I really miss the leftovers. 







No comments:

Post a Comment