Monday, November 23, 2020

Selfie Face Mask

Painting is a great past time and hobby. I started coloring in kindergarten, then graduated to watercolor, paint by number oils, pastels and charcoal. I didn’t attend any formal classes, but enjoyed sketching through college. Then the real work in nursing, management, and civil service took over. But when the iPad came along on 2010 my love for drawing was reignited. I’ve been doing custom pet portraits for eight years now along with other personal paintings. Travel and Capitol Hill serve as great inspiration. When I saw an artist in Brazil making masks that matched the lower half of the person’s face I was intrigued. He actually painted the person’s face on the material. It looked so real! So I was inspired to see if I could try making one for my husband. This would be conceptual only because my husband would never wear it.  So I searched for a decent photo and painted out his face from it, then uploaded it to Fine Art America to see what it would look like. It was a little pinker than it should have been, but the idea was compelling and I had fun making it. I should have a mask made up just for the heck of it, but getting the dimensions just right is a bit tricky without having a few tries at it. In the meantime, that guy had a very clever idea. 








No comments:

Post a Comment