Monday, December 11, 2023

52Frames Just Breathe Weekly Photo Challenge

Some of the subjects for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge are more interesting than others. Some of them require using a specific technique or color or exposure. While a lot of the others are generic ideas of which this week is one of those. The subject was “just breathe” which could be just about anything. In some ways it makes it more difficult; in other ways it gives you more latitude. We went in to town last week with the intention of seeing the Christmas trains at the US Botanic garden, and the Christmas tree in front of the Capitol. After viewing the trains outside, we went indoors to check out the Christmas display in the conservatory. But then we walked to the rear gardens and to the fountain that we know very well. I love the tile and the water motion. And that last’s where I took a few photos - because it makes me feel very calm and relaxed when I look at it. I also tried a few long exposure options that turned out really nice. While editing, I was happy with the result, but thought the image needed a bit of something else. So I painted in a small orange colored koi - just enough that his mouth was coming up for a breath while the rest of the body was submerged in the center of the circular water motion. It’s not the best photo I’ve submitted and sometimes that’s just the way it is. But I always like to add a personal touch and create a composite. So I’m happy with the end result. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment