Sunday, December 17, 2023

A Wonderful Week

It all started last Sunday when I got a birthday greeting from my Library of Congress friend and colleague. On Monday we finally got to American Plant to get some Christmas branches so we could finally put  something up in the house. The greens served as my inspiration for the 52Frames photo challenge this week. I also received another birthday greeting. Then Monday afternoon we went to a program at the Library of Congress and saw another colleague and met the speaker who graduated from my husband’s university, spoke the same language, had the same first name, and his father was from the same city as my husband. We left just as dusk was falling and the Capitol building looked so dreamy. Then on Tuesday we went grocery shopping, had a follow up eye appointment since having cataract surgery in August/September, made a haircut appointment, got a lot of well wishes, got a request for a pet portrait, the sun was out and it was a great day! On Wednesday I got more birthday greetings, saw a bunch of deer in the park on our morning walk and finally put up the Christmas branches in the dining room. On Thursday we met my brother/SIL for lunch - my brother and I are the same age for ten days. Got more birthday greetings and some delicious cookies. We went to the car wash after putting it off too long. The car looked brand new. The antique fire truck was back and Santa was waving as they passed by our balcony.  The birthday greetings were still arriving on Friday and my hair was finally cut after ten weeks. Yesterday we went to the Persian bakery to get some baklava and assorted goodies to bring to our friends for a planned get together. We hadn’t seen them for four years and it was such a wonderful way to end the week. It felt like we were just there. I guess that’s what being friends is all about. It feels good to get somewhat back to “normal” after these last four years. We haven’t had a week like this for such a long time. It was lovely! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment