Monday, December 18, 2023

52Frames Choose A Color Weekly Challenge

The color choice was easy enough. But the image to showcase the color would be a different story. The 52Frames photo challenge for this week was “choose a color.” Green is my favorite color and there are plenty of green branches and trees on display for the holidays. So when we finally got around to getting some seasonal branches at American Plant I knew I would think of something after the green pepper idea didn’t work and my husband carrying the greens in a green sweater and hat didn’t sit well with him. So I turned the image of the greens in to a cut out Christmas tree. Then added in a fitting background of textured green and bokeh lights. A tree needs a topper so a star was added to the top with some luminescence. A few different backgrounds were tried but my husband favored one. So the image uploaded was a composite that was the photo and additional hand painted extras. I suppose that has become my signature design - so much so that people comment about the approach now. It also feels more like an art project and is more fun to do. Plus, it’s appropriate for the season this week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment