Wednesday, December 27, 2023

52Frames Unfinished Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “unfinished.” I only had one thing in mind - and that was to take a photo of the orchid we were given by my brother and SIL. That was almost five years ago. We never had another bloom, but the leaves continued to grow. Then, all of a sudden, in mid October what I thought was just another root ended up being a spike! Both my husband and I were ecstatic that we might once again have a flower. The only thing I did was switch the pot so the roots faced the window. Now the spike has grown and there is what appears to be a bud. I’m just sorry that it’s not growing at the same speed it was before because the sun has shifted in the winter sky and gets blocked by the building next door. So I took several photos of the plant and found a good one to isolate to create a composite image. A light blue/turquoise background color was added. To inspire the plant to continue growing the photo we took at the US Botanic Garden was used. The flower was isolated times three and they were added - but transparently - because they don’t exist yet. I really enjoy creating composite images compared to just taking a photo and editing it. Oftentimes they won’t be contenders, but I like to combine photography with digital art. The comments from around the world are fun to get. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and hope our little orchid cooperates. 






No comments:

Post a Comment