Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Wrapping Christmas Gifts

This will be the first year we will actually be seeing our family for the holidays. For the last three years we were not able to visit because of the pandemic. Our daughter in law and grandson would drive through town and drop off gifts on their way to visit with her parents, or have things mailed if they weren’t traveling at all. I would have things mailed directly to their address since we wouldn’t be stopping in. Last year we went out to dinner after Christmas on the return home from visiting her parents. This year we are looking forward to visiting our family and we will be bringing gifts - like we used to. So in order to get everything prepared I ordered whatever we thought might be nice in late October. Then we picked out some wrapping paper that my husband liked, and also got some extra ribbon. So last Sunday it came time to finally get everything wrapped. I always liked to wrap stuff, but in all honesty it is getting less “fun.” I don’t think I’m a Scrooge, but I didn’t even decorate the house except for getting some green branches to stuff in the vase in the dining room. Maybe it’s because we aren’t hosting anyone and didn’t see the need this year - which is a good thing. If the Christmas decorations box was easier to get to I may have felt more inspired. In the end I’m always happy we got what we got and wrapped what we did. And it will be fun, hopefully - if we all stay healthy -  to get back to a more “normal” holiday. This pandemic really did the job on the older folks. It’s not how I had envisioned retirement. 














No comments:

Post a Comment