Sunday, December 3, 2023

Art and Crafts Holiday Festival

Neither my husband nor I are in to arts and crafts. That wasn’t always the case because we used to go to the Lakefront festival of the Arts in the Midwest and actually bought something. And I remember at an early age that I loved to create things - felt bananas with faces, sequin porpoises on ceiling tiles, and many watercolor paintings that my mom would take to work and sometimes sell. Our neighbor gave us tickets for the neighborhood art and crafts fair at the community center, so we figured we better go. However, when we got there the tickets we had had nothing to do with the show. So we ended up buying two admission tickets for five dollars each, and got one “free” tote bag - because my husband never accepts and freebies, but ends up using whatever ones I get. That will be the case for this bag. Anyway, there were many shops and both the arts and the crafts were displayed very nicely. These folks have been at this for a long time. My husband is very uncomfortable in these situations and prefers not to make any eye contact with anyone. I suppose that’s one reason I only do digital art. Everything I sell is on line which makes everything so much easier. You have to have a certain personality to not only make, but sell your products. We didn’t buy anything, but it was worth the experience - and the “free bag.”












No comments:

Post a Comment