Saturday, December 9, 2023

Audien Atom Pro Hearing Device

I got over the ear hearing aids two years ago and could not believe how hard of hearing I was. Now I am used to wearing them. I especially like the app that controls them on my phone and watch. My husband on the other hand, doesn’t believe he needs hearing aids. But when it comes to TV watching, he has trouble hearing. For whatever reason it seems men are so reluctant to admit they have hearing problems. So it’s been an every day issue trying to figure out options. I studied all of the TV listening devices until the lightbulb went on. Those options were the only remedies then. However, now that there are over the counter hearing aids, I thought they would make more sense - for him. We didn’t want anything expensive like Bose or Sony. We wanted to try something on the cheaper end just to see if they would work first - nothing with a lot of extras - basically a plug and play. The Audien brand had decent ratings so we ordered the second of four versions called the Atom Pro. The sleeker and more up to date noise control four setting device also looked good, but he wasn’t interested. The devices arrived yesterday and I was really anxious and hoping they would work. They come in a small rechargeable case and needed to be charged for four hours before use - until the green light comes on. We read over the booklet and watched a video. He was already turned off by the filter and cleaning procedures which amount to nothing and very similar to real hearing aid upkeep. Then it came time for the big test. He put them in - and nothing. Knowing it wasn’t a charging issue I then increased the volume - which is no easy feat. There is a tiny screwdriver you insert in to a tiny slot. The volume was increased to less than halfway more. My husband tried them again and was amazed at the difference they made. He sat silently absorbing the clearer conversations. I want to make sure the volume isn’t too high, so he will try them again tonight and we may adjust the volume accordingly. I know the noise cancellation upgrade would be better, but he is happy with these so far. I’m just pleased I could get him to try these. He still doesn’t think he needs them during the day. For the most part he reads and uses his earbuds. At least now he has this great opportunity to listen to TV. It’s been a long time trying to convince him to try any hearing device. I’m so glad it worked. We have a month or so to decide to keep or upgrade. Knowing him I think he will stick with what he has. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment