Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hanes Silk Stockings

I think I remember garter belts - or maybe I remember seeing my mother in a girdle and attaching her stockings to garter belts. But I definitely remember panty hose because we had to wear stockings for most occasions. But at that time, they were pretty straight forward and there wasn't a huge selection. In nursing, we had to wear white stockings with white dresses. Then pantsuits came in, and now all you see are scrubs. Then as the jobs changed to management and office wear, stockings were a must  - bare legs were unacceptable. By then they were made in all colors and types. Now as my fortieth work life anniversary approaches, the need to get stockings is no longer a necessity. I don't think anyone wears them around here... Perhaps leggings in the winter, but it certainly isn't a requirement like it used to be. Since I am usually cold in air conditioned offices, I wear them. But now they need to have reinforced toes and control tops for an aging figure. We used to buy them in fancy department stores, then picked them up at Walgreens or CVS on a run to the drugstore. Then I started getting them in bulk through the Hanes website. Now, it hardly matters anymore... One neutral shade and just a few at a time. This time they came through Amazon along with the decaf tea and candy my husband's sweet tooth demands. I don't plan to use them a whole lot longer - except only if I want to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment