Sunday, February 15, 2015

High Winds Blow Strange Things In To The Garden

When I looked out on to the patio this morning there was a bit of debris flying about from the unusually frigid cold winds. It happens once in awhile. Typically it is more of the garbage nature, and there was some of that. But there was a yellow lined paper by the frozen leaves under the little myrtle tree that caught my attention to the point that I actually went outside to retrieve it just to see what it was about. It was dated November 2012. The handwriting was very difficult to read, but it was something about a 90 year old woman who met up with an angel, telling him that she missed her husband George - she didn't like him very much - but was lonely, and he was trying to pull her to hell. On the side of the the "play" or "conversation" or whatever it was were notes (like a teacher commenting about it) that described what was written in the story: laughs when she gets nervous; good interest; good empathy; great; regrets only. I was hoping what I found would be a little more interesting - to me. I'm not in to this sort of "writing" or story line. I took a few journalism classes, and was an editor for a school paper. You could say I'm "just the facts" type of person. But I am certain someone else would assign some extraordinary meaning to it and determine it is quite the masterpiece. Too bad the manuscript didn't blow in to their backyard. But they probably wouldn't have noticed it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment