Thursday, February 19, 2015

USPS Package Not Delivered

I always get nervous when a package is being sent via USPS. It was a surprise when I received notice from Amazon that this was the case - usually things are sent UPS. Our UPS guy is wonderful! However, since we moved to DC our mail has not been delivered every day, as the saying goes. We have sent a few complaints about non delivery. That was never the case in Milwaukee. And, I had a right to feel this way because the package that was supposed to arrive On the due date didn't. The reason given was the "business was closed." What business? Plus, we were home all day.  An email arrived late at night that stated we needed to either pick the package up or arrange another delivery date. I ignored it and decided to recheck the tracking system on line. The update said it was supposed to be delivered the next business day. But with the holiday Monday and the snowstorm on Tuesday my hopes faded again. Then our regular mail carrier arrived late in the afternoon and all was well. I really don't mind delays and mishaps when there is a good reason. But I really resent an inefficient system especially since we are not a business and we were at home - before the holiday and the storm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment