Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Shadow Art on the Streets of DC Using the Instagram Layout App

The options are limitless. I love creating things and stumbled upon the Instagram app that allows you to combine several photos in to one portrait. I was organizing my photos on my iPad and noticed I had collected several shadow shots of my husband and myself over the years, in all seasons, walking along the streets of DC. So I started playing around with the options - and they are limitless. You can flip, mirror, widen, shorten, extend, and manipulate the images - essentially creating a work of art out of photos taken off the cuff. I have also used this app to show the progression of portraits I paint from sketch to final product and show the same image in four different ways. The technology is great and it allows your imagination to swirl with possibilities. I often think about how things have changed so much even within the last five years. I always loved taking photos - starting with my swinger Polaroid  - and now exclusively depend on my iPhone for all things artsy. I just wish I had more time in the day to play around with it. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment