Monday, July 27, 2015

The Capitol Dome From Two Sides

Last Friday we walked over to the Capitol grounds because it was such a beautiful evening. During the summer months there are always military band concerts on the steps. It's a free event and tourists and locals gather alike to listen to the music and take in the sights. On the way over, it's close to sunset and the Capitol grounds take on a splendid scene. During the evening I took several photos of the same view, without thinking much of it. When I got home something stuck out in the photos, and I started to play with my Instagram layout app. Taking two similar photos at different settings and times of the day, I placed them half and half next to each other, flipped one to mirror the same side, resized them to match, and created a different view altogether. They both show the Capitol dome in somewhat of a unique presentation. It also highlights the notion that you can do just about anything with the right amount of imagination using the applications that are now readily available. This sort of thing would have taken quite some time to complete on a desktop using Picture It all those years ago. Using my ipad and the Instagram app was a snap. It's really just another form of art. I just wish I had more time in the day to experiment with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment