Monday, October 19, 2015

AT&T and a Personal Hotspot

I've had an unlimited data plan with AT&T since I had a cell phone - and that's a very long time. But neither my husband nor I use a whole lot of data every month. The peak times come whenever we travel by auto and run google maps, which has been quite a routine this year. But whenever we travel, it is very frustrating that I am unable to use my iPad when we are in Florida, or on the road. Sometimes it's hard to see things on the tiny iphone screen. I stay at my mom's house, and she does not have Internet. Her iPad has a monthly data plan set up, so I can't piggy back on her wifi. Ever since the personal hot spot came out a few years back, I couldn't access it because my unlimited data plan doesn't allow for it. I would have to change my plan to get it. On top of that, a few months ago, we got my husband an iPad mini with cellular capability so we would have Internet available on those rare occasions. But that required a SIM card and I got lost after that. Anyway, we decided to change our data plan last week to a share plan with so many GB per month and free text messages. As soon as I did that, the personal hotspot became available not only on my iPhone, but my husband's iPhone, and his iPad mini. But his iPad mini was running on the AT&T personal hotspot rather than the Comcast Wifi, which I changed as soon as I noticed it. I am hoping this was a wise decision because I can never go back to my unlimited data plan. But having Internet access while traveling is more important - especially when I need to keep in contact with my customers and their pet portraits! I guess time will tell, but for now I'm glad we did it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment