Friday, October 27, 2017

A New Dentist

My dentist in the Midwest was very slow and in a single practice. When we moved to DC eleven years ago, we started going to Capitol Hill Dental Group. It's terribly convenient as it is one block from our house! And, it has three dentists, is very modern and up to date - and very busy. Our dentist is retiring this year and has been part time for at least the last year. So occasionally I have seen another dentist whenever I have needed "emergency" treatment, or something requiring little notice, like a crown replacement prior to going on vacation. What's interesting is that all three dentists in the practice are female. My husband has always said that female physicians are always better, so the same must go for female dentists. I think he is somewhat correct. And as a matter of fact I have preferred my female care givers more than the male counterparts. I guess it may depend on what the problem is, but in general, the ladies can associate with you more. So I had my first routine dental check with a very nice "younger than me" dentist yesterday. She was very professional and matter of fact, but still a good listener and cheerful at the same time. I have seen her before so she wasn't a complete stranger. It's just one of those things I don't need to worry about so much - a dentist a block away, easy to get to in this crazy town, with a modern and up to date facility. She knew I was no stranger to the dentist chair when she looked in my mouth! And having had TMJ surgery almost forty years ago puts a strain on my jaw. Luckily all went well and I left with my new toothbrush, toothpaste and floss. One of these days I need to get a new splint. I'll save that for the next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment