Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Fancy Chopsticks

A few weeks ago our Chinese friends from Vietnam brought over some Vietnamese food and plain wooden chopsticks. So we had a lesson in eating with these utensils. I didn't do so well trying to pick up the shredded papaya and beef jerky, but my husband loved it. Maybe having surgeon's hands had something to do with it?! Soon after, our friends brought over a package filled with a set of chopsticks that were painted with lovely pastel colored ornate images. I put two sets in a small yellow container and left them on the table. My husband is now making a game out of using the chopsticks on whatever we are eating for dinner. He is actually quite good at it. It seems that now I usually finish eating dinner before him. I much prefer the typical spoon and fork to the chopsticks. Last night we had chicken stew/soup - not something that would work well without a spoon. So he just used them on the salad instead. It was funny that we went to a Chinese restaurant last weekend and we weren't offered chopsticks. My husband didn't ask for them either. Maybe it's something he'd rather just do at home. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment