Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Hound and Co Custom Pet Portrait Shop

They always say not to put all your eggs in one basket. That applies to a lot of things. But in particular for me, it applies to selling digital custom pet portraits. It started with a display "gallery wall" at the Wagtime Shop on Capitol Hill. Then I opened an Etsy store and a personal website. I would also show artwork at the Library of Congress Art show where I worked and have since retired. I established a presence on Zazzle and Fine Art America, along with Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr pages. I've done a lot of silent auctions. Oh - then there's Pinterest, Twitter and Artyah! Last week I received an email from Hound and Co to join the website and open a store. It is all things pooches and is definitely a targeted audience. I'm not sure how I got on their list, but it was easy enough to get started and get at least four items listed. I submitted an application to Amazon Marketplace. They haven't started a shop for virtual digital products yet, but will let me know when they do. I've joined a couple of pet portrait Facebook groups and add completed commissions. Lately I've been getting a lot of repeat customers, which is the highest form of flattery. And when I'm not working on commissions, I'm constantly updating all these websites and digital connections. It's like having a full time job - and I really enjoy it. Thanks for noticing my work Hound and Co! It's another great option to get the word out. 








No comments:

Post a Comment