Monday, September 30, 2013

Empty Halls and Spaces of a Government Shutdown

It hasn't even happened yet, but this is what it might look like if the government shuts down at midnight tonight. We have received all the official notifications and a lot of people have spent a lot of time preparing for it. These photos were actually taken in the Madison Building cafeteria at around 3:30 in the afternoon. Since I still can't walk from a toe mishap about a month ago I sometimes wander up to the sixth floor to get a change of scenery. All is quiet at this time of day and I can see our house from here. I'm looking forward to having a few days off. Wouldn't you know I already had a sick day planned for doctor appointments and Friday is a scheduled day off. But every extra day off for me is wonderful. Let's hope it actually happens. Working in the private sector for thirty years makes this all seem very strange, and completely avoidable. But that was in Milwaukee. 







No comments:

Post a Comment