Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Three Wheel Motorcycle

Coming from Milwaukee we were surrounded by Harley Davidson bikers. I did not care for the look or the noise, and was disappointed to hear them here in DC over Memorial Day weekend. I've been on motorcycles twice - once in high school on the back roads while visiting friends in Maryland, and another time after college on the freeway. I lost my head scarf. As the bikers grow old, a two wheel version may no longer appeal as it once did. It was funny and sad at the same time to see a three wheel version making a turn in front of us in Alexandria. I'm sure there is some great explanation about the aerodynamics of the thing but it reminded me of a backwards tricycle. And it wasn't as noisy. Maybe the owner didn't want to attract so much attention. 


No comments:

Post a Comment