Friday, June 9, 2017

Comey Hearing and Radio On in the Car?

We NEVER listen to the radio, or music, in the car. That probably sounds weird, but we always talk when we are together - I do most of the listening; my husband does all the talking. In the Midwest when I was working and driving all I over creation for my work, I played music all the time and listened in to news channels and "stayed informed." When I am painting at home, I play pandora for background noise. But while we were driving today it was an exception to the rule. Both of us are political junkies and listen to all things Washington DC and internation - all channels, all stations, all news sources, etc. We attend senate and house hearings all the time, stand in line, and simply observe the world around us. This is our entertainment and has become even more so since I retired. It was so obvious we don't ever use the radio because neither one of us could even figure out how to use it. So I was manually adjusting the FM public station channel to keep it in tune. It reminded me of the time we took a trip to Springfield Illinois and we listened to Clarence Thomas all the way. I would have used CSpan on my phone, but I don't want to drain all my data allotment between that and google maps. So the morning drive flew by, but it didn't feel right. I'm glad it's not that way every day. I much prefer the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment