Saturday, June 10, 2017

Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum

We have visited about half of the presidential libraries - Kennedy, Nixon, Clinton, Truman, Roosevelt, Eisenhower. Today we made another visit to see Herbert Hoover's place in West Branch, Iowa. Before we got there, we read up about his life. We were both really impressed with the accomplishments he achieved on a personal level. What a guy! I'm sorry I didn't remember him more because his is a story that needs to be told. I always loved history, but didn't remember much about the early 1900's. And to think that he lived to be 90 years old and died when I was about 12 years old. So our paths crossed in life, unlike Roosevelt who I can only imagine through movies and photos. I especially love the personal items that are on display at the presidential library - like the babies gowns, his train set, Lou's diamond ring, and the tiny two room house where he was born and lived as a young boy. He lost both of his parents very early on, but still made his way most successfully. I'm so glad we stopped by to say hello. This is one president worth remembering.












No comments:

Post a Comment