Friday, September 8, 2017

Library of Congress Persian Book Lecture Series

We haven't been to a program at the Library of Congress for quite some time. Now that summer is technically over, the lectures have resumed. Since I retired, my husband and I oftentimes walk over to the Library of Congress Jefferson Buiding and the Middle Eastern section. When I was working there, we would attend seminars over the lunch hour. Because he has an interest in Iran, the Persian Book lecture series interests him a lot more than me; so I go to keep him company and maybe pick up a thing or two. Yesterday, Dr. Fereydoon Ala presented something about the Qatar Dynasty. But I had a difficult time hearing the presentation, and the subject matter was literally quite foreign to me, even though I have traveled to Iran two times. My husband could understand it, and wasn't very impressed as the lecture didn't match the title! In the end it is an opportunity to get out of the house and visit the beautiful Jefferson Building. I need to find some other subjects of mutual interest. As with anything else, it is hit or miss.






No comments:

Post a Comment