Tuesday, July 30, 2019

AT&T International Call Nightmare - I Knew It Would Take More Than One Try

Why does everything take more than one try to get the problem resolved? Last month my husband made two phone calls to France. Unfortunately we forgot we didn’t have an international calling plan for our AT&T mobile service. We no longer have a desk phone so it never was a problem before. And he rarely makes overseas phone calls anymore. So when we got notified that we had a $250 plus international charge the following day, I had a chat with Andy to resolve the payment. It was agreed that if we added the $15 international plan, he would eliminate the horrendous charge. We could also delete the plan within two days. So much for that. Three weeks later I got the AT&T bill and it was for over $500!! So I started a chat with Nataly and sent her the documented text of the conversation I had with Andy. I had a feeling I would need it. After reviewing the text, she said she would delete the charge so our bill ended up being the typical amount plus the $15. Of course, when the account was updated I lost my chat with Nataly. So I started another one with John to make sure the account was actually verified. It was, but it didn’t help with my overall frustration level. I should just know better that nothing ever gets taken care of in one try. Our big problem now is to decide if we want to continue with the $15 plan, go with the $5 plan with additional charges by the minute, or just make sure we add one of those options before a call is made. We just don’t make that many overseas calls anymore. But boy were we reminded of it when we did. 








No comments:

Post a Comment