Sunday, July 21, 2019

Thermador Oven Home Connect App and Pizza

After more than three months of back and forth, we finally got a new replacement Thermador oven. We moved to Virginia and the new appliance in our condo took forever to preheat and could not sustain a temperature above 350 degrees after three service attempts and replacement parts. The new oven has a clock and timer and Wi-Fi - so of course I needed to hook it up to the home connect app. So I downloaded it, created an account and was ready to add the oven to it. And as is typically the case, the first attempt never works - but that doesn’t stop me. However, after wasting a lot of time trying to figure it out I quit for the day for my own sanity and would try again the next day. But at least we could now turn the oven on, watch the progress on the oven touch screen as it preheated - with a bell tone when it was ready, and watched the temperature actually reach 450 degrees. So we made a pizza after three months. It was good, but needed more time to cook. The next day I thought I’d try again to connect to the app. After a few more failed attempts, I called Thermador. Rather than have them walk me through the set up I asked if I could just reset the oven to factory settings and then start all over. That’s what I ended up doing. And it worked. Not that we would use the app much - but you can turn the oven on, set the settings, etc from the app. There are also other things you can do - like follow recipes. Honestly, I’m not the chef in our house and my husband wouldn’t use these things. In the end we probably won’t use the app much at all. But I needed to figure it out and I did. And that’s good enough. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment