Friday, July 19, 2019

Shingles Shot at Giant

When I went for my annual check up in June there was a list of things that needed to get done - one of which was to get shingles vaccines. I did get the pneumonia vaccine while I was there and will need another one next year. But they don’t give shingles vaccines in the office. It’s easier to send you to a pharmacy to get it done there. That’s what we do for the flu shot. So after procrastinating long enough, and allowing my arm to feel normal again, we ventured out to Giant to pick up a watermelon, but also registered at the pharmacy for me to get the shot. It took a while because I hadn’t been to this pharmacy before and needed to fill in a bit of paperwork. Afterwards we walked up and down the aisles to get in a bit of exercise and find the watermelon. When my number was called the pharmacist said I didn’t need a prescription for the shingles shot, which I had. This is one thing that we do get for “free” at Medicare and insurance expense. I then got my receipt and pages of documentation, then went to sit down for the shot. I had it in the same arm as the last one which probably wasn’t a good idea. Yesterday I was feeling very tired, felt like I had chills, was a little nauseated, and my arm was really sore. Of course it was from the vaccine. The good thing is I hope to never get shingles; the bad thing is I have to get a second shot within 2-6 months. 








No comments:

Post a Comment