Monday, July 22, 2019

Using Greens in Vases

We have a few vases in the house that I like to keep filled with flowers. There is a double wall vase, a small dining room table vase, and another one on my bedside stand. Usually we get flowers at the grocery store when we do our shopping on Saturday after breakfast. Some of the flowers last a couple of weeks while others hardly go a few days. What I really like is to have a variation of greens and twigs to mix it up. Having just flowers is not good enough. Now that we have a few house plants I’ll even throw in a couple snips to see if they will root. When we had our little Capitol Hill patio garden, I could swipe a few greens and twigs from the bushes, hydrangeas and myrtles. But now we only have a balcony at our new Virginia condo with nothing to steal from. When we lived in the Midwest I would use a saw to cut branches for garland and decor to stuff wondowboxes and large vases for Christmas. So I found a nice bunch of greenery and twigs at Giant two weeks ago so all I needed last weekend was a small bunch of flowers. I really didn’t need the whole bunch but tried to separate them out and divide them up among the three main vases. It’s funny how the greens can stand alone. Maybe next week I’ll let them do just that. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment