Saturday, August 31, 2019

CNN Golden Age Movies and John Wayne

We really tried to watch the CNN special about the movies. But it just wasn’t done very well. What could have been a great review of motion pictures turned in to a boring mess. In spite of that I really wanted to watch the segment about the golden age. Of course there was a segment about John Wayne. I think we saw every movie he ever made. One of my colleagues from the Midwest does a great walking imitation of John Wayne. Every time I see a mention of John Wayne on TV I take a photo and send it to him - just so he knows we are thinking about him. This time was no exception - except this time a movie was sent via text of the famous saunter. Immediately I always get a response. It’s funny the things that remind us of our friends and colleagues and it’s a good excuse to send a note. We have kept in touch since we moved thirteen years ago to DC. We also had a Beavis and Butthead connection but that’s a longer story. (Photos are taken from the CNN special.)
















No comments:

Post a Comment