Sunday, August 11, 2019

Etsy Sales Milestone

I started my Etsy shop in 2012. It was soon after I rediscovered my love for painting when I found an app I could use on my new iPad. At first it was just sketches - several that were done for my three children’s books. Then there were several from trips we took to Iran, England, Denmark, and items from our Capitol Hill neighborhood. Then I started doing custom pet portraits. My first order was from someone in Oregon and it was a Vizsla. Then it took off from there - especially around the holidays! Last week I got a note from Etsy that I hit a milestone in sales - 300. It felt good. The 300th sake was a downloadable rendering of women on the steps of Persepolis. Now I have shops on Pixels/Fine Art America, Amazon Merch, Zazzle, and Redbubble and my own website that pulls it all together. It’s really nice to be noticed out of the millions of images and sites that are out there now, though it takes a lot of self promotion via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook business page, and so many more. The program I use on my iPad is no longer supported, so now I’m learning a new app on my new iPad Pro and Apple pencil. It feels like I’m starting all over again and my subject matter has changed to women from Persia - from the scenes we saw in Isfahan. Digitalart is a great hobby and I’m always working on something. So thanks for reminding me of my 300 sale milestone Etsy. I can’t believe it started way back in 2010 when I got the first iPad. Who would have thought?

















No comments:

Post a Comment