Thursday, August 1, 2019

Goodbye AT&T; Hello Verizon

It finally happened. After searching for the “best deal” for our mobile phones, we decided to finally switch to Verizon. I’ve been an AT&T customer since I can remember, but have lately been frustrated by international calling plans and thinking I could get a better contract if it’s bundled. I checked in to it when we had Xfinity/Comcast and am thankful we didn’t go that route. Comcast isn’t even offered in northern Virginia. So when we moved to Virginia from DC we went with Fios for internet, cable and phone (which we don’t even use.) I asked at that time if there were any combination mobile phone/internet/cable deals, and was told no. Last night I saw an add on TV about “pairing” services - Fios with Verizon. When we drove by the Verizon store after lunch we decided to stop in and see what break we would get. I’m sure it ends up being all hog wash. We were told we would get $10.00 off on Fios and $10.00 off Verizon for having both services for as long as we have them; $150 prepaid MasterCard for each of us for starting the service; unlimited data; and a potential for a senior discount if I check back again in six months - one year. I forgot about having a personal hotspot, but see that it is available too. And I need to keep my eyes open for deals if and when we need to upgrade our iPhones. Supposedly the Verizon coverage is better, but we will wait and see on that. There have been many instances of lousy AT&T connectivity, and if we use our google maps on trips we always run out of data and get charged. I have a feeling we will end up paying more, which wasn’t the idea to begin with. So I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and hope it at least comes out even. 








No comments:

Post a Comment