Monday, April 19, 2021

52Frames Edited by Someone Else

We hadn’t been to the US National Arboretum since we moved to northern Virginia two years ago. That, and the fact that I needed to find an image for the weekly 52Frames photo challenge, gave us the idea that we should pay a visit. We have been there many times before. It’s a great place to bring out of town guests, but it also is a lovely drive through a variety of settings. Apparently the koi are returning to the pond this year. The photo challenge called for an image that needed to be edited by someone else. So I requested our friend from the Midwest, who introduced me to the photo weekly activity, be my editor. The main element of the arboretum is the Capitol columns that were brought there many years ago. They were actually columns at the Capitol until they were too small to support the new iron dome. It’s an unexpected sight to see and perfect for a photo op. Along with that were the many flowering gardens that were at the end of their blooms, but also the azaleas that were just beginning to shine. It was a bit overcast and cold. We also ran in to a photography group that was there hovering around the columns when we arrived. I was surprised to get a photo with just two people in it. So I sent my favorite photos and asked our friend to select his favorite along with the edits. He selected the columns. In a return request, I edited a photo for our friend who sent me a few images from northern Wisconsin. I selected the railroad tracks. Hopefully we did each other justice. It’s a fun activity and gives us an excuse to get out of the house. Maybe we will return to the arboretum in a different season. There is always something to see. 































No comments:

Post a Comment