Monday, April 12, 2021

52Frames Trapped

At the suggestion of a friend I joined the 52Frames photo challenge group. It’s been about 6 months now. I’m not a photographer but I love to take photos. I use the images primarily for this blog, but also to capture personal moments, or to remember trips - which we haven’t taken in over a year. The last couple of challenges have been challenging and more technical! One was slow shutter, then fast shutter. Last week was “trapped.” I only have an iPhone, so I can’t get great shots, but I do my best. The one thing I would like to have is a telephoto lens - an iPhone just pixilates anything that you try to bring in close from a distance. Anyway, I wanted to capture a butterfly or a bee or fly in a jar. The funny thing is is that a huge bumble bee flew in to the house and we were so anxious to get him back outside that I lost my opportunity. I tried to set up a photo of us stuck in a birdcage and needed just the right light for that. I spent all afternoon setting it up. We drove out the Roosevelt Island and found a fort made of sticks. Then one day we ran in to a centipede in the hallway. That actually turned out well. I finally did catch a bee in a jar over the weekend. And after all that decided to post the centipede. I also put all of the images on Instagram to see what gets the most impressions and the centipede won. Whether the people who like it know the theme of the week is another story. In the end this project usually gives us an opportunity to get out of the house and drive to an interesting place, although last week was a home project for the most part. I have also found that it’s easier to have a specific theme than a “shoot anything” challenge. There are thousands of people from all over the world who share this hobby. Since I joined this group I think I have become better at taking photos even if it’s all in my head. 





















 

No comments:

Post a Comment