Tuesday, April 6, 2021

52Frames Fast Shutter

Last week’s 52Frames photo challenge was slow shutter. Because an iPhone doesn’t have a slow shutter I needed to download a camera app, study it up, and try to meet the challenge. This week the challenge was fast shutter. That process is something an IPhone can do and I have used it a few times before. You just hold down the shutter button for the time the object is in motion, go back and look at all the frames and select the ones you like. You can also take videos and take screen shots of the video at a spot you like, but the photo quality isn’t as good. We were so happy to finally be able to visit the Capitol reflecting pond last week since the fence surrounding the perimeter was taken down and Independence Avenue and the US Botanic garden once again became accessible. I was hoping the ducks returned to the pool and wanted to get a photo of them doing something. Well, the ducks were all over the place, but not within a reasonable range. The IPhone telephoto lens doesn’t exist, and the close ups are very pixilated. A couple of seagulls were in my range but weren’t moving. So my husband walked in a bit closer to get them to fly. I really didn’t think I was able to capture anything. I got the tail end of the first one. But the second one was very cooperative. I was able to get decent shots of the bird thinking about taking off, starting to take off, taking off, and flying. The most unexpected aspect of the photo was the beautiful background of the pool water that shimmered in green and blue. I’m not really a photographer and my iPhone is the only camera I have. But I was really pleased with my winged friend’s image. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment