Friday, April 16, 2021

First Haircut in Fourteen Months

I always wore my hair short. My last hair style was a pixie, and before that an asymmetrical pixie/bob for many years. My hair is very fine and frizzy and I never liked it. I remember going to Florida to visit my parents many years ago with long frizzy hair and returning with a sleek bob - to my husband’s delight. It was cut by my stylist that I went to as a kid growing up. My mom always thought you should spend money on a good haircut. Since we have been cooped up in the house for the last fourteen months, I have not had a haircut. I’ve been cutting my husband’s hair, but have not touched mine. It looked ridiculous! I had to start using Bobbie pins, head bands, and rubber bands to hold it back. It needed conditioner to help with the tangles. I stopped washing it every day. Both my husband and I are now fully vaccinated and he decided to get a real haircut this week. He looked like a different person. It inspired me to finally make an appointment. And since my hair was already long, it could easily be cut in to a symmetrical, angled, stacked bob. It was so exciting to get back to a normal activity. The shop was pretty busy and my hair stylist said I was the second customer who appeared after a year of hibernation. I don’t think it would matter how it turned out I was so happy to have the hair off my neck and return to a style I had many times before. It just looks healthier and I feel better psychologically. So thank you Shahnaz for the beautiful cut. I don’t think I’ll be able to get it to look as good as you did because my hair has a mind of it’s own. My husband is even more thrilled about it than I am. I hope I don’t have to wait another fourteen months for the next appointment! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment