Sunday, April 18, 2021

An Unusually Busy Week

Last week was really weird. We had something to do every day. We aren’t used to that at all! Monday we went to the National Arboretum to take some images for the weekly 52frames photo challenge. Tuesday we went to Old Town Alexandria to finalize our will, power of attorney, and health care directives. Our Midwest documents needed to be updated after forty years. After that we stopped at Vaso’s kitchen to pick up Greek food. We hadn’t been there in over a year and it was delicious. The small throw blanket we ordered from Target arrived. It added a bit of color to the living room. Wednesday we picked up our groceries curbside. We had a huge bread haul as we ran out of just about everything. Thursday was a huge event. I finally got a haircut after thirteen months. I wanted a bob and got a short bob. It felt wonderful. My husband was happier than I was. My hair was looking like a witch and I felt like one. Then on Friday we had eye appointments. My husband has scar tissue on one eye from cataract surgery and my eyes are so dry that I need a special kit and eye gel to try and get them from sticking shut in the morning. Although it was exceptionally unusual to be so active it felt a bit more like “normal.” The only thing that got us out of the house before was a morning walk and a weekly drive in to DC. It was a psychological lift doing really nothing. 















No comments:

Post a Comment